Scott Freeman, Auctioneer
Our goal is to serve Suffolk Public Schools and the taxpayers of Suffolk by facilitating the purchase of high quality goods and services at a reasonable cost. In addition, it is our responsibility to ensure that all procurements are conducted in a fair and impartial manner and that all qualified vendors have access to do business with Suffolk Public Schools. All purchasing procedures are in accordance with the Virginia Public Procurement act.
Select this link to access the online Bidder’s Application. Registering will ensure that vendors receive notification of procurements issued for the commodities selected. It is the responsibility of the vendor to maintain and update bidder information.
Levels of Procurement
- Competition is not required when the estimated value of a single order or term contract is $5,000 or less. Pricing at this level may be conducted by the school or department.
- Three price quotes via phone, fax or email are required when the estimated value of a single order or term contract is more than $5,000 but $30,000 or less.
- Written price quotes from four qualified vendors or an Informal Request for Proposal or Request for Quote is required when the estimated value of a single order or term contract is more than $30,000 but $100,000 or less.
- An Invitation to Bid or a Request for Proposal is required when the estimated value of a single order or term contract is expected to be greater than $100,000.
- Contracts for Professional services with a value less than $60,000 may be awarded without competition. Competitive negotiations will be used for any professional services greater than $60,000.
All procurements, awards and Sole Source/Emergency purchases are available on our website at the following links:
Please contact the Purchasing Department if additional information is needed.
Suffolk Public Schools Purchasing Department
100 N Main Street, 2nd Floor
Suffolk, VA 23434