July 28, 2015
2015 High School Summer Assignments – all subjects, all grade levels
May 15, 2015
Suffolk Public Schools is currently hiring Substitute Bus Drivers. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and have reached 19 years of age by the first day of school with three years driving experience. You are required to hold a CDL license, which you can obtain through our training department. Training lasts between 3-4 weeks, five days a week from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Rate of pay – $11.20 per hour. Apply online at www.spsk12.net
Suffolk Public Schools is currently hiring Substitute Bus Aides. Applicants must have any combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of 8th-grade and some experience in working with children. Training lasts three days from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Rate of pay – $7.93 per hour. Apply online at www.spsk12.net
August 10, 2015
WHAT: College & Career Readiness Fair
WHO: Students in Grades 7-12, and Parents
WHEN: Saturday, November 7
WHERE: King’s Fork Middle School
(Inclement weather date: Nov. 14)
- 8 a.m. – Opening Remarks in Auditorim
- 8:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Workshop Sessions
- 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – College Info Tables and Other Exhibitors
Preferred Registration due November 1.
- Reservations accepted through Nov. 6
- Walk-In participation allowed.
Workshop sessions on a variety of topics within the areas of Planning for High School, Preparing for College, and Transitioning to the Workforce. Colleges, schools, and employers will also be available at information tables throughout this event.
These topics are only categories of workshops to be offered.
Preparing for High School
- Specialty Programs (International Baccalaureate, Project Lead the Way engineering, Governor’s School for the Arts, the Pruden Center for Industry & Technology)
- Career Interest Inventory
- Making the Transition to High School
Planning for College
- PSAT, SAT, ACT College Aptitude Tests
- Advanced Studies Options: AP, Dual Credit, Honors
- Preparing Your Pocketbook & Your Child for College
Transitioning to the Workforce
- Career Opportunities & Apprenticeships in Hampton Roads
- Job Search Skills
- Military Options for Grads