November 21, 2016
Applications are due by January 9, 2017.
November 3, 2016
On Thursday, Nov. 3, students were sent home with the annual Impact Aid Survey Form.
Click here to find a single-page Impact Aid Survey Form, which we need you to complete for each child. This form is required every school year.
Suffolk Public Schools receives federal funding based on completed forms, which must be signed and dated for each student.
You should complete an individual form for each of your children.
All Impact Aid Survey Forms should be returned to your child’s school by Friday, Dec. 16.
If you did not receive the form or you have questions, please contact the school.
November 8, 2016
Next nomination deadline is December 15, 2016.
One of our most valuable resources is our children. Suffolk Public Schools is comprised of more than 2,000 employees whose sole purpose is to educate, feed, transport and administer to our children.To recognize the outstanding work and contributions of our employees, Suffolk Public Schools has established a Star Award.
Link here for details on the award program.
Link here for the NOMINATION FORM.
All employees of Suffolk Public Schools are eligible to receive the Superintendent’s Star Award, including substitutes and part-time employees. Nominations will be considered from all Suffolk Public School employees, parents, and community.
December 15 … Top-scoring nominees will be recognized at a February reception
March 15 … Top-scoring nominees will be recognized at a May reception
November 29, 2016
- November 29, 2016 … Dollar Signs, Stars, and Charlie Brown
- November 22, 2016 … Thankful for a Great School Division
- November 15, 2016 … Are You Ready?
- November 8, 2016 … Books are Gifts You Can Open Again & Again
- November 1, 2016 … Suffolk Police Run the Courts for Charity
- October 25, 2016 … Pumpkins Brought to Life as Storybook Characters
- October 18, 2016 … Learn How Suffolk Public Schools is “Building Success” …
- October 11, 2016 … Suffolk Auto Dealers to Bring Jump Start Math to Classroom
- October 4, 2016 … C-R-U-N-C-H … That’s the sound of Virginia Farm-to-School
- September 27, 2016 … Suffolk Instructors Learn to Teach Like a Pirate
- September 20, 2016 … Focus on the Future
- September 13, 2016 … Sumo Wrestlers Teach Science
- September 7, 2016 … Happy New Year!
- August 30, 2016 … Get Social with SPS
- August 23, 2016 … Top AP Honors Awarded to 27 Students
- August 16, 2016 … Countdown to New School Year
- August 9, 2016 … Get a Grip!
- August 2, 2016 … Gearing Up for Back-to-School
- July 26, 2016 … Turtles and Shipwrecks Launch Deep Learning
- July 19, 2016 … Watch Out for Students with DRONES
- July 6, 2016 … Sparks! Shining Stars! and Guiding Lights!
Share your Suffolk Public Schools stories: SUBMIT NEWS
You are part of the exciting things happening in our schools, and we would like to hear your stories and ideas. The information you share could be used in weekly media updates, YouTube videos, our website, and our social media channels. The electronic Submit News Form is now available on our website.
Tell us your story about hands-on learning, STEM, special lessons that differ from “regular” school day, use of technology or new equipment to enhance learning, family engagement events, community partnerships and volunteers, grants in action, new and innovative program or teaching strategy, and student or staff achievement
The form will prompt for details such as who, what, when, where, why and how. Explain what is unique or interesting. Explain why this event is happening. What is the significance of hosting this event? Is the feature related to a national or historic event? Is it unique in some way? What about the event could attract media coverage? How is this beneficial or different?
Image requirements: Acceptable image types: .jpg, .tif, .png … Subjects must be in focus … Layout: Both landscape and portrait layouts are preferred … High resolution preferred: 300 dots per inch (dpi)
Thanks for being our partner!