Public Input for Rezoning & Schedule Change
January 12, 2018
Information on the Rezoning Preliminary Proposals for 2018-19
The Suffolk School Board invites public input on the Rezoning Plan proposals for the 2018-19 school year. Rezoning is tied to the opening of the new Florence Bowser Elementary School and Col. Fred Cherry Middle School in September 2018.
Preliminary rezoning proposals were posted on the website of Suffolk Public Schools before Winter Break: https://goo.gl/3jTcQp
You can use the interactive web-based map to see preliminary proposals based on a specific street address. You can also see the proposed student enrollment, the building capacity and the student ethnicity for each school in each proposal.
School staff will use public input to develop final proposals to present to the School Board in February, and the board is expected to vote on final rezoning plans in March.
- Preliminary proposals for the elementary schools include:
- City-wide elementary zoning preliminary proposal; and
- Florence Bowser & Creekside Only preliminary proposal.
- Preliminary proposals for the middle schools include:
- City-wide middle school zoning preliminary proposal; and
- Fred Cherry & John Yeates Only preliminary proposal.
- A preliminary rezoning proposal for the high schools will be considered, and compared to keeping current high school zones without changes.
Information on the School Schedule Change Discussion for 2018-19
The Suffolk School Board also invites public input on the possible School Schedule Changes for 2018-19 school year. Information was posted on the website of Suffolk Public Schools before Winter Break: https://goo.gl/hnXXr8
Opportunities for Your Feedback: