2016-17 Transportation Forms
- Alternate Transportation / Opt-Out Form
- Click here for Direct Link to Completing the Form Online.
- Approved Childcare Stops
Contact Us …
Main Office: (757) 925-5572
Due to limited phone access, transportation staff can contacted by email.
- Keba Baldwin … firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Blow … email@example.com
- Beverly Young … firstname.lastname@example.org
Dispatch/Training: (757) 925-5573
Maintenance Shop: (757) 925-5711
James Blow: Lakeland High, King’s Fork High, Pruden Center, Forest Glen Middle, King’s Fork Middle, B.T. Washington Elementary, Elephant’s Fork Elementary, Hillpoint Elementary, Kilby Shores Elementary, Oakland Elementary and Pioneer Elementary
Beverly Young: Nansemond River High, Turlington Woods, John Yeates Middle, J.F. Kennedy Middle, Creekside Elementary, Driver Elementary, Mack Benn, Jr. Elementary, Nansemond Parkway Elementary and Northern Shores Elementary
Bus Safety Tips
While our bus drivers are provided concentrated training and do a wonderful job, we all have a responsibility to make our children’s ride on the school bus a safe one. The drivers not only rely on school administrators and office staff to help them keep their buses safe at all times but they also need support from the children who ride the bus and their parents. Below you will find some helpful tips to help you and your children practice good school bus safety habits.
- Review all bus safety rules with your child.
- Visit the bus stop with your child. This should be done at the beginning of each new school year and/or after any changes in their bus stop.
- Be sure to discuss with them the safest route to the bus stop, where to wait, how far to stand from the roadway and what to do in the case of an emergency.
- Have children at the bus stop on time.
- Rushing causes carelessness and accidents.
- Always follow the instructions of and be courteous to your school bus driver.
- Always remain in your seat while the bus is in motion.
- Keep bus aisle clear at all times.
- Balloons, flowers, or objects large enough to block the aisles or emergency exit are prohibited on the bus.
- All carry-on items should be secured in the student’s lap while on the bus. Items that are too heavy, bulky, extend above the seat’s backrest or cannot be secured in the student’s lap shall not be transported. This includes large band instruments, large athletic equipment, etc.
- Be aware of traffic when leaving the bus.
- Do not wear clothing with drawstrings or dangling straps.
- Do not have items or long straps dangling from your backpack.
Hours of Operation
- Dispatch: 5:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Main Office: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (4:00 pm Fridays)
- Shop: 5:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Training: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday