Before & After Care
To help families who have work hours different than school hours, Suffolk Public Schools has several on-site before- and after-school programs. These programs are operated independently of Suffolk Public Schools, and charge tuition.
YMCA at Elementary School Sites
The Suffolk YMCA offers before- and after-school care for:
- Creekside Elementary
- Driver Elementary (Florence Bowser Elementary students transported to Driver)
- Elephant’s Fork Elementary
- Hillpoint Elementary
- Kilby Shores Elementary
- Mack Benn Jr. Elementary
- Nansemond Parkway Elementary
- Oakland Elementary (YMCA bus transports to/from YMCA on Godwin Blvd.)
- Northern Shores Elementary
- Pioneer Elementary
Before-school care is offered from 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. After-school care is offered from 3:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. For more information call the Suffolk YMCA at 757-934-9622 (YMCA) or visit their website www.ymcashr.org, following Location: Suffolk Family YMCA
Parks & Recreation Before- and After-School Programs at Elementary Sites
The Suffolk Parks & Recreation offers before-school and after-school care at:
- Mack Benn, Jr. Elementary
- Creekside Elementary Recreation Center
- Northern Shores Elementary Recreation Center and
- Oakland Elementary Recreation Center.
Call the Parks & Recreation department at 514-7250 for more information.
Middle & High School Programs
The Suffolk YMCA also offers after-school care for middle school students.
- YMCA bus transports students from Forest Glen and King’s Fork Middle schools to the YMCA on Godwin Blvd.
- A new Middle School Hangout after-school program is now available at John Yeates Middle School. Link here for details.
The Suffolk Parks & Recreation also offers after-school care for students ages 11-17 at:
- King’s Fork Middle School Recreation Center
- 2:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Call the Parks & Recreation department at 514-7250 for more information.
The Boys & Girls Club of Southeast Virginia also offers a weekday after-school program at:
- John F. Kennedy Middle School
- 2:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Call 934-0349 for more information.
- Link here for more details.