Online registration is now open for the 2023-2024 school year. If you are enrolling a child in kindergarten at Suffolk Public Schools for the first time, please complete the Online Kindergarten Registration form below.
English Online Kindergarten Registration form
Spanish Online Kindergarten Registration Form
If you are trying to enroll a returning student, you should receive an email with a code and information on how to complete the enrollment process.
Please register your kindergarten student before August 1 to ensure class placement.
Use SPS School Zone Locatorthis to find out which school your child should attend.
Children who are 5 years old before September 30 can start Kindergarten on September 5, 2023. But first, they need to be registered.
How do I register my child?
1. Complete the online application, and then schedule an appointment with your zoned school to finalize your child's registration.
2. When you go to your scheduled appointment, bring the following information about your child:
- A certified copy of the State Birth Certificate
- A certificate of a physical examination from a physician or a health department - the physical exam must be completed within the 12 months prior to the date the child first enters kindergarten
- An immunization certificate containing complete dates for DTaP, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Polio, Varicella, and MMR immunizations. Minimum immunization requirements can be found on the Virginia Department of Health website.
- Proof of residency in the city of Suffolk (i.e. water bill, gas bill, or electric bill. Driver’s license not adequate)
3. Complete registration.
4. Complete and return any additional information requested by the principal.