Suffolk Public Schools Guidelines for Outside Organizations Flyer Approval via Peachjar
Suffolk Public Schools provides the service of electronic flyer (e-flyer) dissemination via Peachjar, an online service which is free for our students and parents to receive announcements from their child's school and community enrichment organizations. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly and to reach more families, we have moved from paper to digital flyer delivery. E-flyers will now be posted on each school's webpage for easy access and emailed directly to parents' and guardians' inboxes. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
NOTE: Peachjar will contact your organization about its fee structure. Generally, if an organization receives income from the activity promoted in the flyer, there will be a fee. If the activity is free and open to the public, the flyer will be considered for a fee waiver. If you want to request a waiver, please send the flyer with an email request to Anthonette Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org . The disclaimer statement below is still required.
To request flyer approval:
· Visit www.peachjar.com
· Register as a Community Organization (Account Type).
· Upload flyer for approval (in a PDF format).
· SPS staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below.
SPS approves the distribution of:
· Flyers for programs and activities sponsored by Suffolk Public Schools, Parent-Teacher Associations, and other school-sponsored student/staff organizations;
· Flyers from agencies or departments of the City of Suffolk, Commonwealth of Virginia, or federal government;
· Flyers from organizations that promote an educational experience for students or parents, a healthy use of leisure time, and/or a special enrichment activity consistent with the education mission of Suffolk Public Schools.
REQUIREMENTS for all Flyers before Submission:
- All flyers from Enrichment Providers must contain this disclaimer statement:
The information contained herein is distributed by Suffolk Public Schools as a public service. This is NOT a school-sponsored activity. The activities, products, or services advertised in this flyer are not sponsored, endorsed, or in any way connected to Suffolk Public Schools or the Suffolk City School Board.
- All flyers must include the name of the sponsoring organization, physical and/or mailing address, email address, telephone number, and web address.
- No flyers will be allowed to include any copyrighted image, design, or trademark without proof of written consent.
SPS does not approve the distribution of: Materials for projects, activities, or programs that would publicize or promote a particular religious organization or religious viewpoint; Materials for projects, activities, or programs that would publicize or promote a particular political party, political organization, or political viewpoint; Materials for events deemed potentially dangerous or deemed not suitable for children; Materials that promote the use or sale of guns, tobacco, intoxicants, drugs, or any product unsuitable for children, or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives; Materials that are considered lewd, obscene, libelous or slanderous; Materials that are likely to incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools; Materials that discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or other unlawful consideration; Materials that disrupt the education process, violate the rights of others, including but not limited to, materials that are defamatory, invade the privacy of others, or infringe on a copyright; Materials for any organization not specifically listed in the above approved list.