What is PBIS?
- PBIS stands for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- PBIS is not a curriculum but it is a framework to identify needs, develop strategies, and evaluate practice toward building a positive school culture.
- It is a way to create positive, predictable, equitable and safe learning environments where everyone thrives.
What does this mean for my student?
- Developing positive and effective student behavior is a group effort where students, teachers, support staff, administration and parents/families work collaboratively towards achieving this goal.
How can parents be partners?
- Ask if anything was sent home today.
- Support and reinforce PBIS at home
- Make sure that your child finishes his/her homework.
- Have the same expectations at home:
- Be Safe
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Remind your child what the expectations are regularly.
- Recognize and reward your child when he/she follows the expectations