Suffolk Public Schools operates a number of social media channels to share the great things that are happening in our schools. Follow us to see inside our schools through photos and videos of classroom activities as well as breaking news and information.
We update and monitor these accounts intermittently throughout the weekday--from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. At times, the accounts may be used before and after these times to communicate about urgent issues or respond to inquiries from members of the public.
SOCIAL MEDIA COMMENTING GUIDELINES
Social Media pages for Suffolk Public Schools focus on celebrating and supporting our schools, students, and teachers, and serve as platforms to share important news and communicate event information. We encourage you to share your support, connect with other supporters, and visit frequently for news and updates.
Our social media pages are family-friendly, and serve as open forums. While everyone is welcome and encouraged to comment, our first priority is to protect students, staff, and community members. Suffolk Public Schools reserves the right to delete or mark as spam any and all comments that do not comply with our Social Media commenting guidelines. Please be advised that such comments and/or posts may be removed.
All comments left on any Suffolk Public Schools social media page is the responsibility of the commenter. By submitting a comment on our page you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold Suffolk Public Schools harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
Suffolk Public Schools will not allow personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening, or harassing images and/or language or comments that contain falsehoods or are wildly off-topic, or that libel, incite, threaten or make ad-hominem attacks on students, employees, guests or other individuals. This includes creative spellings of swear words using asterisks or spaces between words.
We will NOT allow the following:
- comments that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- comments that contain sexual content or links to sexual content
- comments that promote or advertise a person or a business or commercial transaction that is unrelated to Suffolk Public Schools
- repeated posted content (Any subsequent posting of identical information will be deleted.)
- comments that promote or oppose any person campaigning for election to a political office or that promote or oppose any ballot measure
- comments or posts that disclose information that Suffolk Public Schools and its employees are required to keep confidential by law or administrative rule
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided. Opinions expressed in public comments do not necessarily reflect the official positions of Suffolk Public Schools. Any information posted on a Suffolk Public Schools social media page is considered public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation, or disclosure to third parties.
If you have questions, email email@example.com.